Re: [inctpc-list] CoT-Health Dept Link Down

WK
Wiebe, Ken
Fri, Aug 31, 2018 10:12 PM

Update:

The link came back up at 254pm.  Cause of outage and restoration unknown.

Ken

From: Wiebe, Ken
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:53 PM
To: 'inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org' inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org
Cc: Easton, Chris CEaston@ci.tacoma.wa.us
Subject: RE: CoT-Health Dept Link Down

Update:

Talked to Chris and even though he has been at node sites today connecting jumpers, that activity was being done on an unused pair.

So at this point the issue doesn't appear to be fiber-related, however to confirm that would require end-end trace.  Before we do that, I have also attempted to contact Ken Pi at Health Dept. but he is not available at the moment.  There could be an issue with the equipment at Health, of course.

I'll continue to monitor the situation and update the group with developments.

Thanks,

Ken