inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org

Members of Intergovernmental Network Consortium of Tacoma-Pierce County

View all threads

Re: Scheduled Outage

AW
Adam Wilhoit
Thu, Mar 11, 2021 7:14 PM

Hi All,

Update from one of our providers:

Zayo's DWDM system between Olympia WA and Tacoma WA is experiencing an outage. We are observing two DWDM systems down. We suspect a fiber cut at this time. Zayo's Field Techs are onsite from the first test site. OSP has proactively dispatched crews. We have also dispatched another field tech to a second site to test from, that tech should be on-site momentarily. We should have a concrete diagnosis of the issue in the next 45 minutes.

Ten minutes later:

Good Afternoon OTDR traces from our Olympia site show an issue 17.3KM outside of the POP. We have techs 10 minutes from the far end of the fiber span who will shoot to help splice crews pinpoint damage. We hope to have an update for you soon. Thanks

Kind regards,

Adam Wilhoit
Pierce County IT - Network Team