inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org

Members of Intergovernmental Network Consortium of Tacoma-Pierce County

View all threads

WaTech Refresh and Upgrade of IGN connection

AW
Adam Wilhoit
Wed, Sep 21, 2016 10:10 PM

Hello Everyone,

WaTech will be installing the first element of the new IGN service located at Pierce County's Data Center this week.  2 to 3 weeks after this service has been handed over to WaTech they will begin working with myself to plan and schedule the installation and cutover to the new service.  I will continue to provide updates about progress and documentation relevant to the new structure of the INCTPC/IGN ring as it is developed.

As part of this effort, they have also asked me to confirm if anyone is using the IGN connection for internet service.  Can each of you please respond back with whether or not you are using the IGN for internet access?  As part of the IGN refresh, they are removing internet service so they want to know which customers this will impact and plan accordingly.

Kind regards,

Adam Wilhoit
Pierce County IT - Network Team
direct: (253)798-8522

Hello Everyone, WaTech will be installing the first element of the new IGN service located at Pierce County's Data Center this week. 2 to 3 weeks after this service has been handed over to WaTech they will begin working with myself to plan and schedule the installation and cutover to the new service. I will continue to provide updates about progress and documentation relevant to the new structure of the INCTPC/IGN ring as it is developed. As part of this effort, they have also asked me to confirm if anyone is using the IGN connection for internet service. Can each of you please respond back with whether or not you are using the IGN for internet access? As part of the IGN refresh, they are removing internet service so they want to know which customers this will impact and plan accordingly. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Kind regards, Adam Wilhoit Pierce County IT - Network Team direct: (253)798-8522
AK
Artz, Keith
Wed, Sep 21, 2016 10:24 PM

South Sound 911 does not use the IGN for Internet access.

Regards,
Keith Artz
Network Engineer
253-798-7249
Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.orgmailto:artzk@lesa.net

South Sound 911 does not use the IGN for Internet access. Regards, Keith Artz Network Engineer 253-798-7249 Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org<mailto:artzk@lesa.net> [cid:image001.jpg@01D2141C.389CB6C0] From: inctpc-list [mailto:inctpc-list-bounces@list.cityoftacoma.org] On Behalf Of Adam Wilhoit Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:11 PM To: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org; Matt Wood Cc: PCITNETWORK Subject: [inctpc-list] WaTech Refresh and Upgrade of IGN connection Hello Everyone, WaTech will be installing the first element of the new IGN service located at Pierce County's Data Center this week. 2 to 3 weeks after this service has been handed over to WaTech they will begin working with myself to plan and schedule the installation and cutover to the new service. I will continue to provide updates about progress and documentation relevant to the new structure of the INCTPC/IGN ring as it is developed. As part of this effort, they have also asked me to confirm if anyone is using the IGN connection for internet service. Can each of you please respond back with whether or not you are using the IGN for internet access? As part of the IGN refresh, they are removing internet service so they want to know which customers this will impact and plan accordingly. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Kind regards, Adam Wilhoit Pierce County IT - Network Team direct: (253)798-8522