inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org

Members of Intergovernmental Network Consortium of Tacoma-Pierce County

View all threads

Changes needed to INCTPC for IGN CPE move and replacement

AW
Adam Wilhoit
Wed, Nov 2, 2016 7:06 PM

Hi All,

I've attached a diagram of the current and future state of the INCTPC ring to help for planning of the upcoming IGN node move from TPCHD to Pierce County Delta Data Center.

Ken W., can you please let us know what type of optic is in COT3550 that is currently connected to CNTY2701?

As part of this move:

  •     The IGN node will be injected between pc3650d and lesa3560-1

  •     We will reuse the existing ip network from lesa's side to connect to the new IGN node

  •     We will configure a new ip network to connect pc3560d to the new IGN node

When the old node at TPCHD is removed the following steps will need to occur

  •     HLD3560 will need to be reconfigured to use the red highlighted network.

  •     The Optic in Gig0/1 of HLD3560 will need to be swapped out for the appropriate one to match COT3550

  •     The fiber patch from COT3550 to CNTY2701 to will then be moved to HLD3560

Once the install date for the new device is known, I will let you all know.

Kind regards,

Adam Wilhoit
Pierce County IT - Network Team
direct: (253)798-8522

Hi All, I've attached a diagram of the current and future state of the INCTPC ring to help for planning of the upcoming IGN node move from TPCHD to Pierce County Delta Data Center. Ken W., can you please let us know what type of optic is in COT3550 that is currently connected to CNTY2701? As part of this move: * The IGN node will be injected between pc3650d and lesa3560-1 * We will reuse the existing ip network from lesa's side to connect to the new IGN node * We will configure a new ip network to connect pc3560d to the new IGN node When the old node at TPCHD is removed the following steps will need to occur * HLD3560 will need to be reconfigured to use the red highlighted network. * The Optic in Gig0/1 of HLD3560 will need to be swapped out for the appropriate one to match COT3550 * The fiber patch from COT3550 to CNTY2701 to will then be moved to HLD3560 Once the install date for the new device is known, I will let you all know. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Kind regards, Adam Wilhoit Pierce County IT - Network Team direct: (253)798-8522
AW
Adam Wilhoit
Thu, Nov 17, 2016 8:41 PM

Hello All,

WaTech are looking to schedule the cutover to the new IGN service and have provided the following dates and times.  If your organization has either a strong preference FOR or AGAINST times listed please let me know, otherwise I will select a time by COB on 28 Nov 2016.

12/05/16, 6:00am 6:30am, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm
12/06/16, 6:00am 6:30am, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm
12/07/16, 6:00am 6:30am, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm
12/08/16, 6:00am 6:30am, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm

The time window for cutover is one hour.  I have a conference call with them next week where I will determine how much of that time will be service impacting so that we can plan and notify accordingly.

The steps outlined below are the ones that will need to take place during the IGN cutover.  This will include both removal of the IGN node at the health department and the reconfiguration of the HLD node optic/network.

[...]

Hello All, WaTech are looking to schedule the cutover to the new IGN service and have provided the following dates and times. If your organization has either a strong preference FOR or AGAINST times listed please let me know, otherwise I will select a time by COB on 28 Nov 2016. 12/05/16, 6:00am 6:30am, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm 12/06/16, 6:00am 6:30am, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm 12/07/16, 6:00am 6:30am, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm 12/08/16, 6:00am 6:30am, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm The time window for cutover is one hour. I have a conference call with them next week where I will determine how much of that time will be service impacting so that we can plan and notify accordingly. The steps outlined below are the ones that will need to take place during the IGN cutover. This will include both removal of the IGN node at the health department and the reconfiguration of the HLD node optic/network. Kind regards, Adam Wilhoit Pierce County IT - Network Team direct: (253)798-8522 From: inctpc-list [mailto:inctpc-list-bounces@list.cityoftacoma.org] On Behalf Of Adam Wilhoit Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 12:06 PM To: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org Subject: [inctpc-list] Changes needed to INCTPC for IGN CPE move and replacement Hi All, I've attached a diagram of the current and future state of the INCTPC ring to help for planning of the upcoming IGN node move from TPCHD to Pierce County Delta Data Center. Ken W., can you please let us know what type of optic is in COT3550 that is currently connected to CNTY2701? As part of this move: * The IGN node will be injected between pc3650d and lesa3560-1 * We will reuse the existing ip network from lesa's side to connect to the new IGN node * We will configure a new ip network to connect pc3560d to the new IGN node When the old node at TPCHD is removed the following steps will need to occur * HLD3560 will need to be reconfigured to use the red highlighted network. * The Optic in Gig0/1 of HLD3560 will need to be swapped out for the appropriate one to match COT3550 * The fiber patch from COT3550 to CNTY2701 to will then be moved to HLD3560 Once the install date for the new device is known, I will let you all know. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Kind regards, Adam Wilhoit Pierce County IT - Network Team direct: (253)798-8522