inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org

Members of Intergovernmental Network Consortium of Tacoma-Pierce County

View all threads

IGN/INCTPC routing redesign

RO
Reginald Osborne
Fri, Oct 20, 2023 2:23 PM

Gentlemen,

The diagram attached is Current/Future rough diagram of some changes that WaTech is wanting to make to our IGN connection....changes in RED.

CURRENT SITUATION: Currently the PE-TAC 2705 router is an ISR 4331 router in the Pierce County Datacenter that Pierce County and South Sound 911 are physically connected to and running EIGRP 148 with the State.  Currently Pierce County and South Sound 911 have filters on what we ALL receive.  We are BLOCKING the default route and 146.218.0.0/16 (Kitsap County).  We took that filtering over from the State back on 14 November 2019.

FUTURE CHANGES: WaTech wants to remove their router and have both Pierce County and South Sound 911 do BGP to their primary datacenter (SDC) and secondary datacenter (Quincy).  South Sound 911 and Pierce County are in conversations about the design and timeline but I felt it was prudent to inform all of you as your organization be impacted when the cutover happens.

TIMELINE:  Unknown at this time but we will be sure to keep you informed when the cutover occurs and work with WaTech to make the outage minimal.

IMPACT:

  • Your organization and those subordinate entities connected to your network for IGN services will be impacted when we do the cutover.
  • You will NOT need to change anything, only Pierce County and South Sound 911 will be transitioning to BGP on our interfaces to the State.
  • Currently all of the prefixes that we receive from WaTech are EIGRP redistributed prefixes (AD 170) and since we will just be redistributing BGP into EIGRP on the ring those prefixes will remain AD 170.
  • We are also going to try to get the State to summarize some of their customer prefixes but that may be outside the scope of what they are willing to do.

Reginald Osborne
Pierce County, WA Network Engineer
Ph# 253-798-8838

[...]
Tue, Nov 21, 2023 7:58 PM

Tomorrow from 6am to 8am we will be transitioning from EIGRP 148 with the State to BGP.

We are executing this in a fashion that should cause no interruptions.  Pierce County will be transitioning first and then South Sound 911.

[...]

Tomorrow from 6am to 8am we will be transitioning from EIGRP 148 with the State to BGP. We are executing this in a fashion that should cause no interruptions. Pierce County will be transitioning first and then South Sound 911. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov> Sent: Friday, October 20, 2023 7:23 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>; Kpi@tpchd.org; rreardon@tpchd.org; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov> Subject: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Gentlemen, The diagram attached is Current/Future rough diagram of some changes that WaTech is wanting to make to our IGN connection....changes in RED. CURRENT SITUATION: Currently the PE-TAC 2705 router is an ISR 4331 router in the Pierce County Datacenter that Pierce County and South Sound 911 are physically connected to and running EIGRP 148 with the State. Currently Pierce County and South Sound 911 have filters on what we ALL receive. We are BLOCKING the default route and 146.218.0.0/16 (Kitsap County). We took that filtering over from the State back on 14 November 2019. FUTURE CHANGES: WaTech wants to remove their router and have both Pierce County and South Sound 911 do BGP to their primary datacenter (SDC) and secondary datacenter (Quincy). South Sound 911 and Pierce County are in conversations about the design and timeline but I felt it was prudent to inform all of you as your organization be impacted when the cutover happens. TIMELINE: Unknown at this time but we will be sure to keep you informed when the cutover occurs and work with WaTech to make the outage minimal. IMPACT: * Your organization and those subordinate entities connected to your network for IGN services will be impacted when we do the cutover. * You will NOT need to change anything, only Pierce County and South Sound 911 will be transitioning to BGP on our interfaces to the State. * Currently all of the prefixes that we receive from WaTech are EIGRP redistributed prefixes (AD 170) and since we will just be redistributing BGP into EIGRP on the ring those prefixes will remain AD 170. * We are also going to try to get the State to summarize some of their customer prefixes but that may be outside the scope of what they are willing to do. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838
RO
Reginald Osborne
Wed, Nov 22, 2023 5:06 PM

Currently all IGN traffic on the INCTPC ring is going through Pierce County.  Pierce County has 4ea BGP sessions and routing looks good now.

We will be re-engaging the South Sound 911 BGP establishment and routing on 29 November 2023 at 6am.  Until then if there is a fiber cut anywhere on the INCTPC ring we will be engaging the State to enable BGP on the South Sound 911 side.  We have their after-hours number in the event it occurs during those hours as well.

As you read this message if there are any services that are not working please let us know.  There would have been a period of time between 7am and 8:30am where some services may have not worked.

[...]

Currently all IGN traffic on the INCTPC ring is going through Pierce County. Pierce County has 4ea BGP sessions and routing looks good now. We will be re-engaging the South Sound 911 BGP establishment and routing on 29 November 2023 at 6am. Until then if there is a fiber cut anywhere on the INCTPC ring we will be engaging the State to enable BGP on the South Sound 911 side. We have their after-hours number in the event it occurs during those hours as well. As you read this message if there are any services that are not working please let us know. There would have been a period of time between 7am and 8:30am where some services may have not worked. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2023 11:58 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>; Kpi@tpchd.org; rreardon@tpchd.org; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov> Subject: RE: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Tomorrow from 6am to 8am we will be transitioning from EIGRP 148 with the State to BGP. We are executing this in a fashion that should cause no interruptions. Pierce County will be transitioning first and then South Sound 911. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov>> Sent: Friday, October 20, 2023 7:23 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>>; Kpi@tpchd.org<mailto:Kpi@tpchd.org>; rreardon@tpchd.org<mailto:rreardon@tpchd.org>; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org<mailto:mwood@cityoffife.org>>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org>> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org<mailto:inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org>; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov<mailto:nohara@puyallupwa.gov>; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov<mailto:ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov>> Subject: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Gentlemen, The diagram attached is Current/Future rough diagram of some changes that WaTech is wanting to make to our IGN connection....changes in RED. CURRENT SITUATION: Currently the PE-TAC 2705 router is an ISR 4331 router in the Pierce County Datacenter that Pierce County and South Sound 911 are physically connected to and running EIGRP 148 with the State. Currently Pierce County and South Sound 911 have filters on what we ALL receive. We are BLOCKING the default route and 146.218.0.0/16 (Kitsap County). We took that filtering over from the State back on 14 November 2019. FUTURE CHANGES: WaTech wants to remove their router and have both Pierce County and South Sound 911 do BGP to their primary datacenter (SDC) and secondary datacenter (Quincy). South Sound 911 and Pierce County are in conversations about the design and timeline but I felt it was prudent to inform all of you as your organization be impacted when the cutover happens. TIMELINE: Unknown at this time but we will be sure to keep you informed when the cutover occurs and work with WaTech to make the outage minimal. IMPACT: * Your organization and those subordinate entities connected to your network for IGN services will be impacted when we do the cutover. * You will NOT need to change anything, only Pierce County and South Sound 911 will be transitioning to BGP on our interfaces to the State. * Currently all of the prefixes that we receive from WaTech are EIGRP redistributed prefixes (AD 170) and since we will just be redistributing BGP into EIGRP on the ring those prefixes will remain AD 170. * We are also going to try to get the State to summarize some of their customer prefixes but that may be outside the scope of what they are willing to do. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838
RO
Reginald Osborne
Tue, Nov 28, 2023 7:10 PM

We will attempt to transition South Sound 911 over to BGP with the state on 12 December 2023 at 6am.

Their may be intermittent connectivity to South Sound 911 from 6am to 6:30am.

Please reach out if there are any questions.

[...]

We will attempt to transition South Sound 911 over to BGP with the state on 12 December 2023 at 6am. Their may be intermittent connectivity to South Sound 911 from 6am to 6:30am. Please reach out if there are any questions. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov> Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 9:06 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>; Kpi@tpchd.org; rreardon@tpchd.org; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov> Subject: RE: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Currently all IGN traffic on the INCTPC ring is going through Pierce County. Pierce County has 4ea BGP sessions and routing looks good now. We will be re-engaging the South Sound 911 BGP establishment and routing on 29 November 2023 at 6am. Until then if there is a fiber cut anywhere on the INCTPC ring we will be engaging the State to enable BGP on the South Sound 911 side. We have their after-hours number in the event it occurs during those hours as well. As you read this message if there are any services that are not working please let us know. There would have been a period of time between 7am and 8:30am where some services may have not worked. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov>> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2023 11:58 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>>; Kpi@tpchd.org<mailto:Kpi@tpchd.org>; rreardon@tpchd.org<mailto:rreardon@tpchd.org>; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org<mailto:mwood@cityoffife.org>>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org>> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org<mailto:inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org>; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov<mailto:nohara@puyallupwa.gov>; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov<mailto:ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov>> Subject: RE: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Tomorrow from 6am to 8am we will be transitioning from EIGRP 148 with the State to BGP. We are executing this in a fashion that should cause no interruptions. Pierce County will be transitioning first and then South Sound 911. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov>> Sent: Friday, October 20, 2023 7:23 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>>; Kpi@tpchd.org<mailto:Kpi@tpchd.org>; rreardon@tpchd.org<mailto:rreardon@tpchd.org>; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org<mailto:mwood@cityoffife.org>>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org>> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org<mailto:inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org>; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov<mailto:nohara@puyallupwa.gov>; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov<mailto:ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov>> Subject: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Gentlemen, The diagram attached is Current/Future rough diagram of some changes that WaTech is wanting to make to our IGN connection....changes in RED. CURRENT SITUATION: Currently the PE-TAC 2705 router is an ISR 4331 router in the Pierce County Datacenter that Pierce County and South Sound 911 are physically connected to and running EIGRP 148 with the State. Currently Pierce County and South Sound 911 have filters on what we ALL receive. We are BLOCKING the default route and 146.218.0.0/16 (Kitsap County). We took that filtering over from the State back on 14 November 2019. FUTURE CHANGES: WaTech wants to remove their router and have both Pierce County and South Sound 911 do BGP to their primary datacenter (SDC) and secondary datacenter (Quincy). South Sound 911 and Pierce County are in conversations about the design and timeline but I felt it was prudent to inform all of you as your organization be impacted when the cutover happens. TIMELINE: Unknown at this time but we will be sure to keep you informed when the cutover occurs and work with WaTech to make the outage minimal. IMPACT: * Your organization and those subordinate entities connected to your network for IGN services will be impacted when we do the cutover. * You will NOT need to change anything, only Pierce County and South Sound 911 will be transitioning to BGP on our interfaces to the State. * Currently all of the prefixes that we receive from WaTech are EIGRP redistributed prefixes (AD 170) and since we will just be redistributing BGP into EIGRP on the ring those prefixes will remain AD 170. * We are also going to try to get the State to summarize some of their customer prefixes but that may be outside the scope of what they are willing to do. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838
RO
Reginald Osborne
Tue, Dec 12, 2023 5:22 PM

This work did not occur this morning and is postponed until 16 January 2024.

South Sound 911 will be sending out notices on this in the future since it is on their timeline at this point.

[...]

This work did not occur this morning and is postponed until 16 January 2024. South Sound 911 will be sending out notices on this in the future since it is on their timeline at this point. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov> Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2023 11:11 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>; Kpi@tpchd.org; rreardon@tpchd.org; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov> Subject: RE: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign We will attempt to transition South Sound 911 over to BGP with the state on 12 December 2023 at 6am. Their may be intermittent connectivity to South Sound 911 from 6am to 6:30am. Please reach out if there are any questions. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov>> Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 9:06 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>>; Kpi@tpchd.org<mailto:Kpi@tpchd.org>; rreardon@tpchd.org<mailto:rreardon@tpchd.org>; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org<mailto:mwood@cityoffife.org>>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org>> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org<mailto:inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org>; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov<mailto:nohara@puyallupwa.gov>; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov<mailto:ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov>> Subject: RE: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Currently all IGN traffic on the INCTPC ring is going through Pierce County. Pierce County has 4ea BGP sessions and routing looks good now. We will be re-engaging the South Sound 911 BGP establishment and routing on 29 November 2023 at 6am. Until then if there is a fiber cut anywhere on the INCTPC ring we will be engaging the State to enable BGP on the South Sound 911 side. We have their after-hours number in the event it occurs during those hours as well. As you read this message if there are any services that are not working please let us know. There would have been a period of time between 7am and 8:30am where some services may have not worked. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov>> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2023 11:58 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>>; Kpi@tpchd.org<mailto:Kpi@tpchd.org>; rreardon@tpchd.org<mailto:rreardon@tpchd.org>; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org<mailto:mwood@cityoffife.org>>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org>> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org<mailto:inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org>; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov<mailto:nohara@puyallupwa.gov>; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov<mailto:ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov>> Subject: RE: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Tomorrow from 6am to 8am we will be transitioning from EIGRP 148 with the State to BGP. We are executing this in a fashion that should cause no interruptions. Pierce County will be transitioning first and then South Sound 911. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838 From: Reginald Osborne <reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:reggie.osborne@piercecountywa.gov>> Sent: Friday, October 20, 2023 7:23 AM To: Keith Artz <Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Keith.Artz@SouthSound911.org>>; Kpi@tpchd.org<mailto:Kpi@tpchd.org>; rreardon@tpchd.org<mailto:rreardon@tpchd.org>; Matt Wood <mwood@cityoffife.org<mailto:mwood@cityoffife.org>>; Wiebe, Ken <kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:kwiebe@cityoftacoma.org>>; Barra, Robert <RBarra@cityoftacoma.org<mailto:RBarra@cityoftacoma.org>>; Michael Stillings <Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org<mailto:Michael.Stillings@SouthSound911.org>> Cc: inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org<mailto:inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org>; ITNetwork <ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:ITNetwork@piercecountywa.gov>>; nohara@puyallupwa.gov<mailto:nohara@puyallupwa.gov>; Keith Smith (ITS) <ksmith@gigharborwa.gov<mailto:ksmith@gigharborwa.gov>>; SHRINFOTECH <SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:SHRINFOTECH@piercecountywa.gov>>; Rahul Charles <rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov<mailto:rahul.charles@piercecountywa.gov>> Subject: IGN/INCTPC routing redesign Importance: High Gentlemen, The diagram attached is Current/Future rough diagram of some changes that WaTech is wanting to make to our IGN connection....changes in RED. CURRENT SITUATION: Currently the PE-TAC 2705 router is an ISR 4331 router in the Pierce County Datacenter that Pierce County and South Sound 911 are physically connected to and running EIGRP 148 with the State. Currently Pierce County and South Sound 911 have filters on what we ALL receive. We are BLOCKING the default route and 146.218.0.0/16 (Kitsap County). We took that filtering over from the State back on 14 November 2019. FUTURE CHANGES: WaTech wants to remove their router and have both Pierce County and South Sound 911 do BGP to their primary datacenter (SDC) and secondary datacenter (Quincy). South Sound 911 and Pierce County are in conversations about the design and timeline but I felt it was prudent to inform all of you as your organization be impacted when the cutover happens. TIMELINE: Unknown at this time but we will be sure to keep you informed when the cutover occurs and work with WaTech to make the outage minimal. IMPACT: * Your organization and those subordinate entities connected to your network for IGN services will be impacted when we do the cutover. * You will NOT need to change anything, only Pierce County and South Sound 911 will be transitioning to BGP on our interfaces to the State. * Currently all of the prefixes that we receive from WaTech are EIGRP redistributed prefixes (AD 170) and since we will just be redistributing BGP into EIGRP on the ring those prefixes will remain AD 170. * We are also going to try to get the State to summarize some of their customer prefixes but that may be outside the scope of what they are willing to do. Reginald Osborne Pierce County, WA Network Engineer Ph# 253-798-8838