inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org

Members of Intergovernmental Network Consortium of Tacoma-Pierce County

View all threads

Jan 5 City of Tacoma Changes

WK
Wiebe, Ken
Wed, Jan 2, 2019 6:43 PM

INCTPC - City of Tacoma Traffic impact effective Jan 5:

CoT has a work window planned Saturday, Jan 5 between 2-10pm to add a router to the INCTPC ring, including re-homing both current CoT interfaces.  Post-change diagram attached.

We are moving our 192.103.215.38 interface to a ASR902 platform at Tacoma Municipal Building (COT-TMB-BORDER) and installing a new ASR902 at Tacoma Public Utilities (COT-TPU-BORDER) where the 192.103.215.41 interface will be.

At approximately 3pm we will first move the 215.38 connection to COT-TMB-BORDER.  At that time COT-TMB-BORDER will route INCTPC traffic via Pierce County direction.  At approximately 5pm we will rehome 215.41 to COT-TPU-BORDER to re-establish the COT-Health Department side of the ring.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken Wiebe
City of Tacoma
Network Transport Group Lead
(253) 502-2226

[...]
Mon, Jan 7, 2019 3:01 AM

The City ISP/border architectural changes were attempted but needed to be rolled back due to connectivity issues we encountered during the attempt (unrelated to INCTPC).

The INCTPC CoT-Pierce County physical link was rolled back to the pre-change (legacy) router.  However, the CoT physical connection to Health Department could not be rolled back due to Health Dept access issues.  That connection is on our new router at Tacoma Public Utilities, currently shutdown.  So the INCTPC redundancy is broken due to the disconnect between CoT and Health Dept.

We are currently evaluating how best to proceed.  We can either regain physical access to Health Dept and roll back the connection, reattempt the cutover to the new architecture, or our consultant has given us the option of enabling the new connection to Health Dept at Tacoma Public Utilities (without performing the full cutover to our new ISP/border architecture).

Our cutover actually started last Thursday when we disconnected a failover Internet feed at TFD, so there is a need for us to now expedite the completion of the cutover.  I expect CoT management will make a decision quickly, but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken Wiebe

Lead, Network Transport

City of Tacoma IT

(253) 502-2226

[...]

The City ISP/border architectural changes were attempted but needed to be rolled back due to connectivity issues we encountered during the attempt (unrelated to INCTPC). The INCTPC CoT-Pierce County physical link was rolled back to the pre-change (legacy) router. However, the CoT physical connection to Health Department could not be rolled back due to Health Dept access issues. That connection is on our new router at Tacoma Public Utilities, currently shutdown. So the INCTPC redundancy is broken due to the disconnect between CoT and Health Dept. We are currently evaluating how best to proceed. We can either regain physical access to Health Dept and roll back the connection, reattempt the cutover to the new architecture, or our consultant has given us the option of enabling the new connection to Health Dept at Tacoma Public Utilities (without performing the full cutover to our new ISP/border architecture). Our cutover actually started last Thursday when we disconnected a failover Internet feed at TFD, so there is a need for us to now expedite the completion of the cutover. I expect CoT management will make a decision quickly, but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks, Ken Ken Wiebe Lead, Network Transport City of Tacoma IT (253) 502-2226 ________________________________ From: Wiebe, Ken Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:43 AM To: 'inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org' Subject: Jan 5 City of Tacoma Changes INCTPC - City of Tacoma Traffic impact effective Jan 5: CoT has a work window planned Saturday, Jan 5 between 2-10pm to add a router to the INCTPC ring, including re-homing both current CoT interfaces. Post-change diagram attached. We are moving our 192.103.215.38 interface to a ASR902 platform at Tacoma Municipal Building (COT-TMB-BORDER) and installing a new ASR902 at Tacoma Public Utilities (COT-TPU-BORDER) where the 192.103.215.41 interface will be. At approximately 3pm we will first move the 215.38 connection to COT-TMB-BORDER. At that time COT-TMB-BORDER will route INCTPC traffic via Pierce County direction. At approximately 5pm we will rehome 215.41 to COT-TPU-BORDER to re-establish the COT-Health Department side of the ring. Thanks, Ken Ken Wiebe City of Tacoma Network Transport Group Lead (253) 502-2226