inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org

Members of Intergovernmental Network Consortium of Tacoma-Pierce County

View all threads

Saturday, Mar 9 City of Tacoma Changes Affecting INCTPC

WK
Wiebe, Ken
Tue, Mar 5, 2019 3:59 PM

*** NOTE THIS IS A RE-ATTEMPT OF THE CHANGE ORIGINALLY ATTEMPTED JAN 5 ***

As a result of the Jan 5 work, currently the TMB-Health link is down.  Only the TMB-Pierce County link is up.

CoT has a work window planned Saturday, Mar 9 between 2-10pm to add a router to the INCTPC ring, including re-homing both current CoT interfaces.  Post-change diagram attached.

We are moving our 192.103.215.38 interface to a ASR902 platform at Tacoma Municipal Building (COT-TMB-BORDER) and installing a new ASR902 at Tacoma Public Utilities (COT-TPU-BORDER) where the 192.103.215.41 interface will be.

At approximately 3pm we will enable the new TPU-Health link, which will restore the ring.  Later in the window we will move the 215.38 connection from our legacy router to the ASR902 COT-TMB-BORDER.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken Wiebe
City of Tacoma
Network Transport Group Lead
(253) 502-2226

[...]
Sun, Mar 10, 2019 4:58 AM

This change is complete and the INCTPC ring is restored.

Over the next few weeks we will be performing tests to confirm redundancy.  These tests will be scheduled after hours and I will send advance notification informing the group.

Thanks for your patience,

Ken

[...]

This change is complete and the INCTPC ring is restored. Over the next few weeks we will be performing tests to confirm redundancy. These tests will be scheduled after hours and I will send advance notification informing the group. Thanks for your patience, Ken ________________________________ From: Wiebe, Ken Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:59 AM To: 'inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org' Subject: Saturday, Mar 9 City of Tacoma Changes Affecting INCTPC *** NOTE THIS IS A RE-ATTEMPT OF THE CHANGE ORIGINALLY ATTEMPTED JAN 5 *** As a result of the Jan 5 work, currently the TMB-Health link is down. Only the TMB-Pierce County link is up. CoT has a work window planned Saturday, Mar 9 between 2-10pm to add a router to the INCTPC ring, including re-homing both current CoT interfaces. Post-change diagram attached. We are moving our 192.103.215.38 interface to a ASR902 platform at Tacoma Municipal Building (COT-TMB-BORDER) and installing a new ASR902 at Tacoma Public Utilities (COT-TPU-BORDER) where the 192.103.215.41 interface will be. At approximately 3pm we will enable the new TPU-Health link, which will restore the ring. Later in the window we will move the 215.38 connection from our legacy router to the ASR902 COT-TMB-BORDER. Thanks, Ken Ken Wiebe City of Tacoma Network Transport Group Lead (253) 502-2226