inctpc-list@list.cityoftacoma.org

Members of Intergovernmental Network Consortium of Tacoma-Pierce County

View all threads

King County Routes

MR
Matt Rhebeck
Wed, May 27, 2015 9:47 PM

All-
King County recently began advertising some summarized routes over the IGN that are being filtered on the State router (cnty2701) connecting the IGN to INCTPC.  They are/were apparently advertising /24 routes or using static routes too.  This recent change has apparently broken some things.  The State is proposing they remove ACL entries from their router to enable the routes to be learned on the INCTPC ring.  I am attaching the email thread which outlines the proposed change for all to review.

Pierce County is unaware of what, if any, negative impact this will have to operations of County users or anyone else on the ring.  At this point we are willing to let the State remove the ACL entries and see how things go.

Please respond back no later than 12pm tomorrow (May 28th) with any concerns.  If there are no objections, we will give the State the green light to move forward.

Thanks,

Matt Rhebeck
IT Systems Engineer Supervisor-Network
Pierce County IT
(253) 798-6758 - office
(253) 495-8187 - mobile
matt.rhebeck@co.pierce.wa.usmailto:mrhebec@co.pierce.wa.us

[...]
JF
Jim Frey
Thu, May 28, 2015 6:11 PM

Matt-

I see no impact here.

Jim

Matt- I see no impact here. Jim From: inctpc-list [mailto:inctpc-list-bounces@cityoftacoma.org] On Behalf Of Matt Rhebeck Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 2:48 PM To: 'Inctpc-list@cityoftacoma.org' (Inctpc-list@cityoftacoma.org) Cc: Adam Wilhoit Subject: [inctpc-list] King County Routes Importance: High All- King County recently began advertising some summarized routes over the IGN that are being filtered on the State router (cnty2701) connecting the IGN to INCTPC. They are/were apparently advertising /24 routes or using static routes too. This recent change has apparently broken some things. The State is proposing they remove ACL entries from their router to enable the routes to be learned on the INCTPC ring. I am attaching the email thread which outlines the proposed change for all to review. Pierce County is unaware of what, if any, negative impact this will have to operations of County users or anyone else on the ring. At this point we are willing to let the State remove the ACL entries and see how things go. Please respond back no later than 12pm tomorrow (May 28th) with any concerns. If there are no objections, we will give the State the green light to move forward. Thanks, Matt Rhebeck IT Systems Engineer Supervisor-Network Pierce County IT (253) 798-6758 - office (253) 495-8187 - mobile matt.rhebeck@co.pierce.wa.us<mailto:mrhebec@co.pierce.wa.us>